Becoming a Writer...at Night

...a loose organization of my experiences along the way.

So, recently I've been going through this phase where I return back to old work based on something that inspired me in a moment of vulnerability. ...see a title that read magical adventure and discovery in the Stop and Grab  and I return back to that fantasy project I began drafting one day as I procrastinated on project one. ...watched a Womanstime tear jerker and I decide(temporarily) to complete the relationship filled masterpiece I've been working on 'in my mind' since I first tasted the sweet juices of youthful love. My personal favorite, after self diagnosing an annoying relative with a borderline mental illness I ran to the computer to recover a few lines I wrote for my 1st (oh la la)  biting psychological crime thriller. I mean seriously can this stop already? I think like the annoying relative I am becoming obsessed with the idea of writing this super-great-work-that-will-go-mainstream-best-seller-super-wonderful-during-the-first submission story to the point where I am willing to flip flop around to get it. Hey a girl can dream can't she? But...it's really becoming beyond distracting. What about the love of writing? What about enjoying the build? Then doubt settles in. "Im in this for all the wrong reasons." Chastising, my inner voice reminds me such self-serving motives will surely backfire. Then I give up the idea on my way home.  I  return to my first project insisting I will stay there.  I picked it a few months ago after serious consideration. It's where I belong. All other ideas will be pushed to the back burner. When I am done with this project, then I may return to others once again forevermore. Boy my writing habits are that of a womanizing fool. lol Anyhow, with all this mental activity I wonder; could ideas truly be the downfall of consistent writing?  I think not! They are the impetus to spectacular work. But spazziness...that stops the movement of  a potentially good project. Enough analyzing. I just need to get on it an stay on it. MISSION WRITE YOUR FIRST PROJECT COMMENCES NOW! A story of 1,000 glories starts one page at a time...~Misty Miles

1 comments:

*All the while chastising me*

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Hits