Becoming a Writer...at Night

...a loose organization of my experiences along the way.

Oh EM GEE!!!!It's happened!

I said in my last post::

"One thing's for certain spazziness...that stops the movement of a potentially good project."- Oct 18, 2010
What I should have said was:


"One thing's for certain spazziness...that stops the moment you find a potentially good project." <------------------------------

I like seriously found THE ONE...and girl does it feel superbly spectacular! It's like falling in love again except this time with a sexy IDEA..(so don't worry hubby!!! heh) I kept playing around with the infamous project one feeling a duty to it, promising to stick with it, convincing myself it was the right fit, yet drifting.Wandering eyes can be the worse especially in writing. Hey, what can I say? The eyes don't lie...(Shakira hip shake) nor can they take one from a project they are truly into.

The back drop: One day I am laying down and a what if popped in my head. What if this main character found his/herself in this situation. What would he/she do? Then I thought of all the steps s/he took to get results in the first place. It was all the options that turned me on . Next thing you know this project was all up in my head walking around, setting up shop and trying to take over my mental remote control. How dare it?

This idea will not let me go! I have not thought of being with another project since.

I have the perfect characters. I have a challenging theme and a tight plot that will bring it all together. Of course it all needs major tweaking , but still ---->finally, I have found that special project. Y'all I am going all the way this time and I don't mean just to 3rd base<plotting> either! I'm submitting with this one! I know you all don't believe me because well, I have strayed from the 'best' of projects before. I have proven myself unworthy of faithful project love.  You all think..."can't turn a project whore into a devoted breakout novel house woman can ya?" You say NOPE. I say let me prove it to ya!



But here's the thing, recently since I have no formal training, I've taken to the Carnegie LIY approach. Through the night lamp catch up process, I have become obsessed with technique. It's so good, this thing I've got, that I don't want to mess it up! Anyhow, I have seen so much about how to do this and the other, that my lust to see the full body of this text has subsided significantly. I've been taking in so much about form that my relationship with the idea is becoming like that facebook status : complicated.

So, I have decided to go raw dog on this one. I'm shelving the "take it from a pro" books, "how to write it" webinars and all other forms of free advice to just writing the darn story already--- with no pressure to please anyone but my creative muse.

I read today that a novel has to be revised several times before it's reader friendly, anyhow. Therefore, during the first revision, I will reconsider all the wonderful structural tactics I have learned thus far.For now I'm writing for a pure audience me, myself , I and my characters. This goes beyond getting published. It extends to my love for a story that needs to be told. Perhaps the purest satisfaction will be had that way.

I am remembering a comment JK Rowling made on her 2010 Oprah interview. She said she had been writing for years but she'd never found anything that she thought was good enough. On her site she says something to the effect that she was never that excited about any other work. I guess you just know it when you know it.

(raises glass to a project actually worth my buckling down )

A story of 1,000 glories starts one page at a time...

-T.K aka Misty Miles 

1 comments:

Fantastic post!! This motivates me to keep on with my own project...how is yours going at this point?? Thanks so much for coming over to my blog. Good luck with the writing...keep me posted!

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Hits